July 08, 2014

Shading theory in practice.

In this post I will be discussing a theory of shading. I always felt that there is something missing in my knowledge on the subject. So I decided to learn more about it.

One of the first things I found was this article. Very basic and very introductory. I found it nice because it's pretty difficult at the beginning to fill the head with professional terminology. So this is about shading methods, tools and

The second article is actually a summery of shading methods by Brenda Hoddinott of Drawspace. It gives you several methods for shading itself - hatching, crosshatching and squirkling.

The third article is actually the one I was really looking for. Its a solid Light and shading theory, explaining and giving pointers. A must for everyone who wants to understand a little bit more about proper shading.

And the last one is absolutely wonderful! Full with professional terminology, examples ad exercises.

You will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment